Secret Service Agent Who Performed Ignored Threat Assessment Of Stoneman Douglas School Reveals Himself
The retired secret service agent who performed a threat assessment of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School that was ignored prior the deadly shooting last February revealed himself in an interview to The Sun-Sentinel Friday.
Steve Wexler, a former secret service agent whose own daughters previously attended Stoneman Douglas in years past, was asked by the school officials to perform a threat assessment back in late 2017 The Daily Caller first reported back in April.
Wexler, according to a Stoneman Douglas teacher, “Came in. He parked in the front of the school for 20 minutes. He was never approached by anyone. He gained entry to the campus never being stopped by anyone at any time and put post-its on 21 random people.”
Each person that Wexler put a post-it note on represented a casualty by a perpetrator who potentially could have gained access to the campus. The agent ran out of post-its after sticking post it 21 notes on people and he could have tagged 4 more.
“I said, ‘This stuff is blatantly obvious. You’ve got to fix this,’” Wexler told The Sun Sentinel. However, Wexler, who retired from the Secret Service in four years ago after 27 years, says he was ignored.
School district spokeswoman Tracy Clark confirmed to The Sentinel that “a school administrator did discuss security recommendations from an individual last year,” but she would not disclose details because they involve safety.
According to the Sentinel, a state commission probing the shooting presently wants to hear what Wexler has to say. “We’re aware of him,” said Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri, who heads up the commission and added that they are “interested in talking to him.”